Keep your love fresh with thoughtful personal gifts, meaningful little actions, and new ways to tell your husband or boyfriend, “I love you.”
Many women are better at saying “I love you” to their husbands or boyfriends than their men are at saying it to them. But if those tender words become commonplace, a woman needs to find ways to make them meaningful again. Here are some ideas:
- Look deeply into his eyes while you say “I love you.”
- Stroke his hair, brush it off his forehead, tuck a lock behind his ears while telling him.
- Come up behind your partner and whisper it in his ear.
Add a phrase that tells your partner it’s more than just three little words:
- “Have I told you how much I love you?”
- “Don’t forget I love you!”
- “One more thing before you leave – remember I love you!”
Or say “I love you” in a different language:
- Te quiero. (Spanish)
- Je t’aime. (French)
- Ti amo. (Italian)
Say I Love You with Small Actions
Women typically do countless things out of love for their husbands or boyfriends. They may be traditional: cooking nice meals, keeping a tidy house, and the loads of laundry to keep him in socks and clean shirts. Or they may be tasks such as keeping the oil changed in the car or doing the taxes each year.
A few extra small gestures, however, will warm your husband or partner and tell him you love him:
- Do a household chore of his, then draw a heart on a sticky note and leave it near the chore site.
- In the middle of a quiet evening, place your hands on either side of his face and kiss him passionately. Then return to what you were doing, all without a word.
- Tuck love notes in his lunch, his appointment book, his socks, etc. It’s especially fun to put one somewhere that he won’t find until he’s at work or a meeting.
- Do something special in one of “his” places: clean out his car, vacuum the sawdust from his workshop, clean his computer screen.
- Hand-write a note telling him what he means to you, and thanking him for what he does for you and your family.
Say I Love You with Small, Thoughtful Gifts
A plasma TV, expensive sound system or new camcorder will have a huge “wow” factor, but it fades after a while and household budgets won’t hold up to constant big gifts. Instead, express love by showing him you were thinking about him throughout your day. Here are ideas for frequent gifts of love:
- Bring home a CD of his favorite music, or a DVD that he would like but isn’t necessarily your thing.
- Notice that he’s collecting tools or books, and buy the next one in the set.
- Put a picture of the two of you next to his computer.
- When running errands, occasionally pick up something unexpected for your partner. Something as simple as his favorite magazine or candy bar will tell him you’ve been thinking about him.
- Find silly socks/shorts/hats/pajamas with characters or themes that make him smile. Innocent and easy ways of indulging his fantasy of sports cars or his obsession with Mario Brothers are fun ways to say “I love you.”
It takes work to keep even a good relationship fresh. To celebrate a special day anytime during the year, check out Romantic Valentine Ideas. Take the time to say “I love you” in special ways, and watch his eyes light up.
Tips for men to their wives or girlfriends are found in Easy Ways to Say I Love You to Women.